Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jon Stewart will see me through

Well it has been over a month since I last wrote. During this time the successful things I have been doing is finishing my full length screenplay and working on a short screenplay. I have also been sending out resumes and becoming a Jobdango addict. I have yet to get an interview. Combine that with a nasty cold that I've had for the past couple of weeks and I got: Depressed! That's right, I sit in front of my computer looking over my resume again and again thinking "What's wrong with me? Why can't I get an interview." 
My wise friends point out that it will take time. Then some of them go on about how terrifying it is out there, how THOUSANDS of people all go for the same job, how horrible the economy is, etc. The one thing these wise people all have in common: they are employed. I don't know if they realize this, but telling me, a person laid off because of this economy, about how bad things are is not just preaching to the choir, it's beating me over the head with the damn hymnal! 
Which brings me to the other thing I have been doing with my time. I watch The Daily Show on my computer. Somehow, Jon Stewart can tell me how bad things are, but makes me laugh about it! He doesn't point out that I'm lucky because my husband works, he just simply points out how outrageous it is that we got here. So now, when things get crazy grim, I turn to Jon Stewart. If anything is going to keep me sane its humor!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Debz I'm thinking about starting a chain of torch and pitchfork sales kiosks around the country. I have numerous ground floor opportunities for the highly motivated individual.

    ReplyDelete