Thursday, June 18, 2009

I wish it would rain

We've had clouds for the past few days, not unusual for the Pacific Northwest, except that it hasn't rained. Everyday the clouds gather, some days hanging low and threatening, like today. The clouds are so close, deep gray and swollen, looking like they are going to burst. I'm rooting for a good rain, ground soaking, air cleaning rain. I need that kind of purification.
You see, I spoke to my ex-boss a week ago, and he mentioned that there might be a job opening. He said that he would know in the next couple of weeks, but things looked hopeful. Normal folks would take this to heart and feel cheered. I sit and brood on the information. I don't believe anything till its in writing. Hell, I don't believe I even have a job until I have been working at a place for at least a week. The end results is that I feel paralyzed. My husband sees the hope and says I should enjoy these last two weeks as a vacation. I am trying to do that, but for right now: I feel like the clouds outside.
And like the Wreckless Eric song; I wish it would rain.

1 comment:

  1. Debz, I feel the same when I start a new cabinet job. I sit there and pour over my drawings, feeling like it will be forever until it's actually built and then, POOF, the damn thing is done, installed and my customer is grinning and handing me money. And then the whole nerve wracking process starts again.......

    ReplyDelete