Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Job Search

Job Search: two words that separately mean work and looking, but together mean joy and despair. When I finally find that dream looking job that matches my credentials I feel so much joy. I'm thinking 'Hey, look at this! I would be perfect for this job!' I send out the resume and cover letter thinking 'I'll hear from this place.' Then, despair, I don't hear from the place and then I get to go through all the phases of death: anger 'they don't know what they are missing', denial 'their process might just take longer, maybe I'm still in the running' and finally acceptance 'okay, let's see what's on jobdango today!'

In my head I understand that with a 10% unemployment rate, my job search is going to take a while. In my heart, I'm still frightened and feeling profoundly unemployed. I wonder if my dog can sense this? At moments when I stare blankly at the computer, feeling slightly depressed, Giger shows up and starts pawing at me. Her eyes seem to say "hey, stop staring at the bright shiny box, let's go for a walk!" Dog's are brilliant that way, they understand the power of the walk. So, on goes the leash and off we go, Giger to sniff and me to clear my mind, work out my screenplays, and of course, the occasional win the lotto fantasy.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your blog Debz. a little sweet heart alright It always amazing me when Phoelyx senses I'm down and gets all head rammy on me. Chin up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giger's a sweet heart I meant to write.

    ReplyDelete